Ariane 6 has left the pad
Snidely
2024-07-09 19:06:43 UTC
Ignition, lift off, and through booster sep. Trajectory nominal at 163
km.

-d
https://xkcd.com/2704
Snidely
2024-07-09 19:10:21 UTC
Ignition, lift off, and through booster sep. Trajectory nominal at 163 km.
Stage separation at about 300 km. Onboard cameras showing a glowing
Vinci motor.

-d
--
Maybe C282Y is simply one of the hangers-on, a groupie following a
future guitar god of the human genome: an allele with undiscovered
Bradley Wertheim, theAtlantic.com, Jan 10 2013
Snidely
2024-07-09 19:16:35 UTC
Ignition, lift off, and through booster sep. Trajectory nominal at 163 km.
Stage separation at about 300 km. Onboard cameras showing a glowing Vinci
motor.
Flight path shown heads up over Scotland. High inclination launched
from the equator!

-d
--
Why would I want to be alone with my thoughts?
Have you heard some of the shit that comes out of my mouth?
-- the World Wide Web
Snidely
2024-07-09 19:22:04 UTC
Snidely is guilty of <***@snitoo> as of 7/9/2024
12:16:35 PM
Ignition, lift off, and through booster sep. Trajectory nominal at 163 km.
Stage separation at about 300 km. Onboard cameras showing a glowing Vinci
motor.
Flight path shown heads up over Scotland. High inclination launched from the
equator!
Past the Azores, and in the initial coast phase at 7.57 km/s.

-d
--
"That’s where I end with this kind of conversation: Language is
crucial, and yet not the answer."
Stanford.,2020
Snidely
2024-07-09 19:59:04 UTC
Post by Snidely
12:16:35 PM
Ignition, lift off, and through booster sep. Trajectory nominal at 163 km.
Stage separation at about 300 km. Onboard cameras showing a glowing Vinci
motor.
Flight path shown heads up over Scotland. High inclination launched from
the equator!
Past the Azores, and in the initial coast phase at 7.57 km/s.
Approaching Austalia, with a good circularization burn at 577 km
altitude.

-d
--
We’ve learned way more than we wanted to know about the early history
of American professional basketball, like that you could have once
Akron Firestone Non-Skids. -- fivethirtyeight.com
Snidely
2024-07-09 20:08:34 UTC
Lo, on the 7/9/2024, Snidely did proclaim ...
Post by Snidely
12:16:35 PM
Post by Snidely
Ignition, lift off, and through booster sep. Trajectory nominal at 163 km.
Stage separation at about 300 km. Onboard cameras showing a glowing
Vinci motor.
Flight path shown heads up over Scotland. High inclination launched from
the equator!
Past the Azores, and in the initial coast phase at 7.57 km/s.
Approaching Austalia, with a good circularization burn at 577 km altitude.
9 seconds of cubesat release, roughly over Tasmania.

-d
Snidely
2024-07-09 21:54:55 UTC
Post by Snidely
Lo, on the 7/9/2024, Snidely did proclaim ...
Post by Snidely
12:16:35 PM
Post by Snidely
Ignition, lift off, and through booster sep. Trajectory nominal at 163 km.
Stage separation at about 300 km. Onboard cameras showing a glowing
Vinci motor.
Flight path shown heads up over Scotland. High inclination launched from
the equator!
Past the Azores, and in the initial coast phase at 7.57 km/s.
Approaching Austalia, with a good circularization burn at 577 km altitude.
9 seconds of cubesat release, roughly over Tasmania.
Ooops, there's been a problem with the 2nd stage APU, used for tank
pressure management and engine relight. A planned second boost did not
occur, and it appears the stage could not turn to the proper
orientation for the de-orbit burn. More information pending.

-d
--
"What do you think of my cart, Miss Morland? A neat one, is not it?
Well hung: curricle-hung in fact. Come sit by me and we'll test the
(Speculative fiction by H.Lacedaemonian.)
Peter Stickney
2024-07-10 07:00:54 UTC
Post by Snidely
Post by Snidely
Lo, on the 7/9/2024, Snidely did proclaim ...
7/9/2024 12:16:35 PM
Post by Snidely
Post by Snidely
Ignition, lift off, and through booster sep. Trajectory nominal at 163 km.
Stage separation at about 300 km. Onboard cameras showing a
glowing Vinci motor.
Flight path shown heads up over Scotland. High inclination launched
from the equator!
Past the Azores, and in the initial coast phase at 7.57 km/s.
Approaching Austalia, with a good circularization burn at 577 km altitude.
9 seconds of cubesat release, roughly over Tasmania.
Ooops, there's been a problem with the 2nd stage APU, used for tank
pressure management and engine relight. A planned second boost did not
occur, and it appears the stage could not turn to the proper orientation
for the de-orbit burn. More information pending.
Still and all, much, much better than the first launch of Ariane 5.
--
Peter Stickney
Java Man knew nothing about coffee
Snidely
2024-07-10 08:34:23 UTC
Post by Peter Stickney
Post by Snidely
Post by Snidely
Ignition, lift off, and through booster sep. Trajectory nominal at 163 km.
Stage separation at about 300 km. Onboard cameras showing a
glowing Vinci motor.
Flight path shown heads up over Scotland. High inclination launched
from the equator!
Past the Azores, and in the initial coast phase at 7.57 km/s.
Approaching Austalia, with a good circularization burn at 577 km altitude.
9 seconds of cubesat release, roughly over Tasmania.
Ooops, there's been a problem with the 2nd stage APU, used for tank
pressure management and engine relight. A planned second boost did not
occur, and it appears the stage could not turn to the proper orientation
for the de-orbit burn. More information pending.
Still and all, much, much better than the first launch of Ariane 5.
Hi, Peter!

/dps
--
"I am not given to exaggeration, and when I say a thing I mean it"
_Roughing It_, Mark Twain