Village in a box
W***@gmail.com
2007-09-18 19:05:26 UTC
I was fixing lunch for my daughter and her mom the other day and
started to wonder about agricultural output and food consumption in
Switzerland and the United States. It turns out that 3,897 sq meters
of farmland are needed to support each American or European with the
types of food that they like.

And started wondering about homesteading off-world - and then, maybe
applying it to this world.

Hydroponics/greenhouse technology can reduce this without any
trouble. In fact advanced techniques might reduce to very low
figures..

http://www.verticalfarm.com/essay.php
http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/10/technology/farming_vertical.biz2/

Now, I'm making a new kind of solar collector commercially (I'm
selling the power not the collectors - I build own and operate the
facilities and make a profit on the energy I make)

Anyway, part of the process of making low-cost solar panels is
creating large sheets of thin film plastic, precision molding them,
and bonding them together to form lenses and circuits and other
structures that process light - and eventually convert that light to
electricity.

But I've also given some thought to creating geodesic domes that have
controlled lighting properties. That is, this plastic film can be
transparent totally, partly transparent, transparent to only certain
colors, or totally reflective, or highly dispersive and so forth.

Well, a greenhouse can be built - as well at catchment basins, and
pipes, and drains and growth media and so forth.. very easily.

The plastic can be made very thin, with a large number of slits, and
then bunched and twisted to form a network of fibers like carpeting -
but also ideally suited as a growth medium - for a new type of
hydroponics.

Two thin film sheets can be bonded together with a channel aligned to
form a tube. That tube can be collapsed and then injected with air to
erect it.

Copper and aluminum foils can be deposited in patterns between two
films to create a low cost circuit board to transmit signals and
power. (this is used inthe solar panel arrays to good effect)

The sheet can be modified to have a wide range of optical properties
during fabrication. Large film areas can be cast continuously and
continuously molded in rotary molds (think of rotary presses for
newspapers) - and large areas made at very low cost and very high
speeds - costing only pennies per square meter.

I have done some preliminary design work for large geodesic spheres,
of very low weight, that are staked down and then inflated to erect.
Motors and controls are plugged into the plastic substrates - once
folded into place (think of orgami flowers) - and the system is up and
running in no time.

Each geodesic 'farm dome' transmits shortwave radiation and reflects
long wave radiation. It is designed to absorb and concentrate 1
micron to 800 nm radiation to provide electrical power. The dome
recieves energy from a powersat in space - a solar pumped laser - that
provides 1 MW of electrical power continuously to a set of 3 domes.

There are seven circular areas staked out - in hexagonal fashion -
each 135 meters in diameter Three of these forming a triangle around
a central circle - are covered with a 135 m diameter and 60 m tall -
'farm dome' - Each dome not only covers and automatically provides all
the crops needed for 180 people.

In addition the perimeter of each dome has stalls for animals.

Dome 1 houses 60 cows, Dome 2 - 240 chickens - dome 3 - 36 pigs
(this based on European and US diets)

The 3 circular areas between the farm domes -each of these have 33
domes (or similar inflatable) each 15 m in diameter. There are 24
located in 8 groups of 3 - housing. There are 19 located inside this
ring of 24. There are 4 in a line, and nestled to one side, 3 between
each of them. Then a 'street' and a line of 5. Then, a mirror image
of the first 7 on the 'street' opposite.

These center domes are shops and storage areas.

The central circle - have an additional 24 domes in 8 groups of 3 -
located around a central square - and then a downsized, 80 meter -
dome that is 60 meters tall (think mini-EPCOT) - as the town hall -
with a large open space.

The entire village is self contained - and fits in a circle 405 meters
in diameter - and supports 180 people. 2 people working 40 hours per
week - operate the farms - and 12 are trained and take turns. 6
operate the food processing equipment - and 36 take turns at it - this
provides adequate backup.

Work is generally available via satellite internet - through remote
working - or telerobotics. A population of 30 humaniform-telerobots
is shipped with each village (like the P2- asimo's big brother). This
system presupposes a powersat and wireless broadband from comsat are
available. PDAs, home entertainment systems, and telerobotic
terminals are widely available. Thus, training is available - in
addition to hiring in needed services, like surgical or dental care or
other expert engineering and technical services. The robots can also
be connected to trained soldiers/police for hire - and equipped with
riot gear by the local authorities in an emergency.

Some sort of powered roadway -automated public transport system is
envisioned as well. A total of 80,000 sq m of film - totalling 1 mm
thick (across 10 plys to form complex electricaly, hydraulic, and
pneumatic structures) mass a total of 80 cubic meters and mass a total
of 100 metric tons. Another 30 tons of hardware (including the tele-
robots which assemble the whole thing and manage access and start-up)
- a delivered by air via drop shipment in 7 blocks 2.25 m on an edge.
An eighth block consists of the robots, and the hardware that attaches
to the thin film structures when they're erected.

Another two airdrops - totalling 250 tons - of food and seeds and
starter crops - so occupancy can begin immediately. A collection of
villages 3,000 km in diameter would provide housing for everyone on
the planet. 16 collections each 750 km in diameter would achieve the
same ends.

These could be placed in areas that are suffering from drought and
environmental degradation.

Ideally suited for Africa, parts of South America perhaps, Chinese and
Indian frontiers.

800 million homeless children are projected for 2020 worldwide. 4.4
million

These domes and so forth can also be fitted into existing cities and
towns and villages - and used as seems appropriate - to improve living
conditions.
W***@gmail.com
2007-09-19 15:31:37 UTC
Aeroponics is an interesting technology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroponics

Here the water in hydroponics is replaced with a mist.
Liters of water per minute are reduced to milliliters per minute..

Imagine a spherical shell of transparent plastic 20 m in diameter.
Its got a volume of 4,188.8 cubic meters. It displaces 4,293.5 tons
of seawater With a surface area of 1,256.6 square meters and a mass
of
10 grams per square meter - the entire sphere masses 12.6 kg! So, it
would ride pretty high on the waves!

But fill it with a calcium carbonate concrete - extracted from
seawater
and that changes.

125 cubic meters of concrete - forming a hemispherical shell
20 cm thick around the bottom, and another 500 cubic meters
filling the bottom of the sphere - forming a floor.

Add another 750 tons of equipment fresh water and plant materials -
and it
rides with its equator submerged in the waves.

With multiple layers of growing things, it has an effective arable
area of
1,500 square meters of farmland. That's 0.15 hectare. Yields of 15
metric
tons per hectare per year are possible with enclosed agriculture.
That's
2.25 tons per year of food items from this ball.

At 15 kg per day that's a 150 day supply of food for one person.
Two units like this are needed per person.

A total of 16 billion units are needed to feed a planet of
8 billion people. Located on the Earth's equator, a strip of
floating balls 4 km wide would span the oceans! A high speed rail
system
built atop the system, with warehouses and processing centers located
conveniently - would deliver products to market. The rail system
could
also connect the continents. Canals would be arranged to let sea
traffic pass through.- the rail line would likely be in a pressurized
tube under
the water to avoid weather - and help stabilize the system Ditto
with the warehouses and processing stations..

Riding lower in the water the spheres would intercept light but they
would
be less affected by waves and weather conditions.

The world's agribusiness is $3.2 trillion per year. The US spends $1
trillion
per year on food. A world of 8 billion people that spent as much as
US
citizen on food per person would spend $26.6 trillion on food each
year.
This is about 1/3 of the world's economic activity, and assumes that
the
world is at least 11x to 22x as rich as it is today. But assuming an
ROI
of 20% per annum is acceptable then $134 trillion could be spent on
food production. Dividing by 16 billion units that's $8,300 per
unit. Which
in the quantities we're talking may be achievable. Just as we today
accept
the fact that supercomputers are commonly available at less than $1000
and color TV cameras are available for a few dollars - its reasonable
believe that with appropriate investments in production, telerobots
could
be built to replicate humans - using humans to control them over a
wireless global broadband - telerobots for less than $1000 each.. So,
each sphere would have its own tending robot and solar/laser power
supply.
W***@gmail.com
2007-09-19 16:12:35 UTC
6 kg per person per day food
365.25 days per year

15,000 kg per ha per year food

Implies 6.84 people per hectare

6.84 billion people

Implies 1 billion ha are needed.

10 million square km.

That's a disk 3,600 km in diameter.

The great Saharan Desert covers 9 million sq km.

Low cost is important. And low labor inputs. Is it
possible to increase food output per labor hour input?

Enclosing space can be done cheaply. Thin films of
PET or similar plastic, fabricated with desirable optical
properties can cover square meters for pennies.

Getting fresh water from the Atlantic, Indian and
Meditteranean at low cost is a challenge. But low
cost solar makes it doable. Atomizing water and
delivering it with mist rather than hydroponics
reduces water usage.. but there is a minimum
each plant and animal species needs.

Better politically organized, are;

Australia is 7.5 million km2
China is 9.6 million km2

Creating 4 food production units 1800 km in diameter
using inflatable enclosed agriculture and intensive
techniques, powered by beamed energy from space

is an alternative to the 37 million villages envisioned at
the outset.
BradGuth
2007-09-20 16:39:14 UTC
Post by W***@gmail.com
These domes and so forth can also be fitted into existing cities and
towns and villages - and used as seems appropriate - to improve living
conditions.
I for one see all kinds of positive/constructive logic within those
artificial biosphere alternatives, as to affordably resolving some of
our worse situations as directly caused by way of our very own doings,
and obviously on behalf of our surviving upon most other worlds near
or far.

As you can tell from the lack of replies, there's no viable Usenet
agreement or even so much as a fuzzy focus on behalf of salvaging the
badly failing environment of Earth from humanity, whereas most of
anything that's renewable and of squeaky clean energy is being
systematically stalked, bashed and otherwise summarily treated as
taboo/nondisclosure worthy, if not becoming entirely banished.

If them silly Yids and their faith-based minions of such brown-nosed
clowns can't manage to convert you, they'll simply take to their
tactic of ignoring your informative topics, especially once they've
run out of those brown-nosed minion clowns for giving your topics as
much naysayism and/or bashings worth of grief as they can muster.

It's as though we've been invaded by those kinds of pesky ETs that
have their swarm like mindset agenda, whereas such they're deeply in
charge of calling all the mainstream status quo shots. And, it's not
jut yourself or my deductive thinking that's getting the full force of
their naysayism, as much as they apply the same to each and every new
usenet contributor that doesn't quite understand whom is in charge of
the past, present and future.
- Brad Guth -
W***@gmail.com
2007-09-20 23:46:56 UTC
Post by BradGuth
Post by W***@gmail.com
[...]
Lots of madness there Brad. I did sign a huge deal in Jakarta August
2006, and got funding in September 2006 - and started work. I came
back to NYC and got interviewed by WSJ and NYT reporters - and met
with many US banks and investment houses. I had a fun week in NY -
thought I was on top of the world.

When the articles did not appear, the banks and investment houses
wrote me off as a crank. It was only European and Middle East banks
that supported the funding - and so that's the way we went.

Thing is, nothing appeared in the press. Don't know why. The
reporters were upset, but in the end, they went on to assignments that
would give them paper space. You claim to know all the reasons. I
claim nothing. Maybe it was bad karma. Who knows? All I know, is I
invent a golf ball that changes color in 1991 and sell a few $100,000
worth of them and I get a 1/3 page article in NYT. Meanwhile I do a
multi-billion dollar energy deal in Jakarta that has potential to
change the way this planet uses energy - and there were NO reports -
not even to amusing or dismissive or anecdotal reports. You know you
can never control what the press says, so, even if they were
dismissive they couldn't deny a deal was done.. but there was nothing
- which I found exceptionally strange. I've written dozens of press
releases and I've always gotten press. Sometimes good, sometimes bad,
but never nothing. After all, newsmen exist to write newspaper
articles - and if they spend a half day interviewing someone and doing
the leg work to check them out - they sure as hell will write
SOMETHING! and they did. But their editors decided not to run it -
not even suggest to drop this or accentuate that. Just drop it. At
TWO newspapers. I will tell you, if a newsperson spends a day
talking and a week researching and ultimately writes an article - they
will not give up a story lightly. And if it was me, I will tell you,
they'd call me and give me an earful! haha. But that didn't happen.
It just disappeared into the vast memory slot and was gone.

You just gotta laugh.

http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.space.policy/2006-10/msg00586.html

Again, I don't know WHY this happened. I really don't. And neither
do you Brad - but it is interesting. The only thing to do is to just
keep on keeping on and do the best you can.
BradGuth
2007-09-21 04:57:57 UTC
Post by W***@gmail.com
Lots of madness there Brad. I did sign a huge deal in Jakarta August
2006, and got funding in September 2006 - and started work. I came
back to NYC and got interviewed by WSJ and NYT reporters - and met
with many US banks and investment houses. I had a fun week in NY -
thought I was on top of the world.
When the articles did not appear, the banks and investment houses
wrote me off as a crank. It was only European and Middle East banks
that supported the funding - and so that's the way we went.
I can understand a little "crank" or perhaps mindset getting in the
way. However, can you further elaborate on that "the way we went"
part?

Are "we" talking of obtaining millions in support, or of something a
whole lot less impressive?
Post by W***@gmail.com
[...]
I'd like to review a few of those "dozens of press releases" that as
you say got "Sometimes good, sometimes bad" published, "but never
nothing".
Post by W***@gmail.com
After all, newsmen exist to write newspaper
articles - and if they spend a half day interviewing someone and doing
the leg work to check them out - they sure as hell will write
SOMETHING! and they did. But their editors decided not to run it -
not even suggest to drop this or accentuate that. Just drop it. At
TWO newspapers. I will tell you, if a newsperson spends a day
talking and a week researching and ultimately writes an article - they
will not give up a story lightly. And if it was me, I will tell you,
they'd call me and give me an earful! haha. But that didn't happen.
It just disappeared into the vast memory slot and was gone.
Your "It just disappeared" is suggesting of your having one such press
release. Was anything ever published by other than yourself.
Post by W***@gmail.com
You just gotta laugh.
It's really not all that funny when there's so much collateral damage
and carnage of the innocent that's costing all of us nearly $4,000 per
second, and that's not even including homeland stuff. Unlike our
resident LLPOF warlord(GW Bush), I can't afford botoxin in order to
get rid of any silly ass facial smirk. BTW, you do realize there are
Third Reich ties to the Bush family tree of offshore banking, don't
you?
Post by W***@gmail.com
http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.space.policy/2006-10/msg00586...
Again, I don't know WHY this happened. I really don't. And neither
do you Brad - but it is interesting.
But I do know why this happened, at least I know a whole lot more than
most, and I know that unless a number of things change for the better
it's only going to get a whole lot worse.
Post by W***@gmail.com
The only thing to do is to just
keep on keeping on and do the best you can
That's exactly what certain Judenrates "who similarly advised their
followers not to resist Adolf Hitler" had to say. Makes you wonder as
to what stories they were telling Jesus Christ before it was too
late.
- Brad Guth -
W***@gmail.com
2007-09-21 14:50:27 UTC
Post by BradGuth
Post by W***@gmail.com
Lots of madness there Brad. I did sign a huge deal in Jakarta August
2006, and got funding in September 2006 - and started work. I came
back to NYC and got interviewed by WSJ and NYT reporters - and met
with many US banks and investment houses. I had a fun week in NY -
thought I was on top of the world.
When the articles did not appear, the banks and investment houses
wrote me off as a crank. It was only European and Middle East banks
that supported the funding - and so that's the way we went.
I can understand a little "crank" or perhaps mindset getting in the
way. However, can you further elaborate on that "the way we went"
part?
Are "we" talking of obtaining millions in support, or of something a
whole lot less impressive?
Two projects were funded. As was disclosed in the press release. A
$6.5 billion project in Sumatra that produces 200,000 b/d of gasoline
when completed and which I retain 35% ownership interest. Another in
Boreno that also produces 200,000 b/d - which I retain no interest -
but am paid $7.5 billion for I believe I sent you a description of
those projects and photos of the sites..

Since then I have signed a deal in Australia to produce fresh water
there from sunlight and sewater and I am negotiating a deal in UAE to
upgrade residual oil to gasoline adding $30 per barrel using solar
hydrogen. The size and financing of these projects have not yet been
released.
Post by BradGuth
Post by W***@gmail.com
[...]
Here's an example, I invented a color changing golf ball. Sent some
samples to the NYT and other sports editors around the country, sold
over $500,000 the first 30 days - and signed contracts with buers at
stores all over the US and Canada. I only made a handful by hand -
haha - got a patent - and sent out a press release.

I got deposits from folks, put it in an escrow account, arranged
financing, and constructed a machine to build balls, and negotated
with Dunlop in North Carolina to have the machine operate in line.
Worked with a fulfillment house in Chicago to fulfill orders - and
deposit checks with my bank.

I basically got a check from the fulfillment house every week, and a
report from the manufacturer every week, checked one against the
other, was available to handle any difficulties that crtopped up - and
made about $300,000 a month for about 8 months. At the end of that
period, sales started to falter, which is typical of golf aids, and I
sold the entire operation to a Golf specialty company. We signed the
deal, I took the file folder with all the accounts out of my filing
cabinet, and mailed it to them, and received a wire transfer into my
account.

It was the easiest 3 million dollars I ever made.
.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CEEDE153CF931A15752C0A966958260

United States Patent 5,067,719
Mook November 26, 1991

Spin communicating ball

Abstract
This invention relates to a spin communicating ball. Communication is
achieved by coloring various sections of the surface of the ball with
different colors that mix and form new colors when the ball is spun.
Preferably, the colored sections are three mutually perpendicular
great circles and, preferably, the different colors are the primary
colors, red, blue, and yellow. For a golfer, the intersections of the
great circles can be used as a focus spot in hitting the ball.
Individual great circles can be used to align the ball with the target
and the golfer with the ball and also as an aide in putting
Post by BradGuth
Post by W***@gmail.com
After all, newsmen exist to write newspaper
articles - and if they spend a half day interviewing someone and doing
the leg work to check them out - they sure as hell will write
SOMETHING! and they did. But their editors decided not to run it -
not even suggest to drop this or accentuate that. Just drop it. At
TWO newspapers. I will tell you, if a newsperson spends a day
talking and a week researching and ultimately writes an article - they
will not give up a story lightly. And if it was me, I will tell you,
they'd call me and give me an earful! haha. But that didn't happen.
It just disappeared into the vast memory slot and was gone.
Your "It just disappeared" is suggesting of your having one such press
release. Was anything ever published by other than yourself.
Look, you send press released through public relation firms to
newspapers. I signed a deal in Jakarta with a coal company and fuel
marketer. We had a press conference in Jakarta to announce it. I was
on the evening news, and my picture was in the paper. A great
magazine article appeared that week end by Eko Edhi Caroko - a popular
and respected journalist - five page color layout - August 21-26 Trust
Magazine. Also Economic Review June 2007

http://www.bni.co.id/Portals/0/Document/Coal.pdf
Post by BradGuth
Post by W***@gmail.com
You just gotta laugh.
It's really not all that funny when there's so much collateral damage
and carnage of the innocent that's costing all of us nearly $4,000 per
second, and that's not even including homeland stuff. Unlike our
resident LLPOF warlord(GW Bush), I can't afford botoxin in order to
get rid of any silly ass facial smirk. BTW, you do realize there are
Third Reich ties to the Bush family tree of offshore banking, don't
you?
This is insanity. Who cares? Every German sought to show he had ties
to der Feurher when he was voted Times Man of the Year, and now no one
in Germany was ever named hitler! haha.. Anyone who opens an account
at Deutschebank or Credit Suisse would have 'ties' - what the hell
does it mean really? Are you suggesting that Bush is a crypto Nazi
because he has an offshore trust account? sheez. Get a grip.

Fact is, offshore banking has a legitimate place in operating a global
business and as banking become more automated, and transaction costs
are reduced, more and more people will be able to take advantage of
these benefits with smaller asset base.
.
Post by BradGuth
Post by W***@gmail.com
http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.space.policy/2006-10/msg00586...
Again, I don't know WHY this happened. I really don't. And neither
do you Brad - but it is interesting.
But I do know why this happened, at least I know a whole lot more than
most,
How? or rather - you haven't demonstrated by anything you've said
Brad.
Post by BradGuth
and I know that unless a number of things change for the better
it's only going to get a whole lot worse.
Hmm.. that's deep. NOT.
Post by BradGuth
Post by W***@gmail.com
The only thing to do is to just
keep on keeping on and do the best you can
That's exactly what certain Judenrates "who similarly advised their
followers not to resist Adolf Hitler" had to say.
No they didn't - doing the best you can means taking a stand
irrespective of what society says. That's what Ghandi did, thats what
MLK did, and that's what we all should be doing around the world to
bring sanity to many of our most difficult problems.
Post by BradGuth
Makes you wonder as
to what stories they were telling Jesus Christ before it was too
late.
Jesus chose to die on the cross for your sins, according to legend.
That is pretty clear from the stories. You know Brad, if you'd
actually read the Bible and you know, other books, before posting, you
might not come across as such a lunatic.
- Brad Guth -
Craig Fink
2007-09-21 16:21:40 UTC
Wow, I'm impressed, I guess it's Mr Mook...
Post by W***@gmail.com
[...]
Sounds simple.
Post by W***@gmail.com
.
Post by BradGuth
Post by W***@gmail.com
http://sci.tech-archive.net/Archive/sci.space.policy/2006-10/msg00586...
I've got this Washer/Dryer concept I've been playing with for quite some
time. A single machine that uses half the energy of a conventional
Washer/Dryer, dual cycle, simply put your dirty clothes in push a button
and come back some time later and hang up your now washed and dried
clothes.

It's a really "green" washing machine from an energy standpoint.

Is it really that simple?

Do you do any mentoring?
--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @ ***@GMail.Com
W***@gmail.com
2007-09-21 18:22:43 UTC
Printing golf balls and boxing them for sale is different than
building something that must be maintained. Small novelty sports
items are different than home applicances. A $20 item is different
than a $2000 item.

But there are similarities

I can't give advice, but if I had a kick ass idea for a w/d combo I'd
do the following;

Harvard types call this the TIMEX MODEL of manufacturing business,
since Timex built its business the same way;

ANGEL INVESTORS

You, your family and your buddies mortgage your homes and put together
a nest egg of about $2 million - and you plan to take two years off
work. Pay yourself what you are getting now, and put about $250,000
toward travel. Let everyone know what you are getting paid - and what
the T&E is - and the rest is put in a CD and left there for when you
need to arrange financing. You need to tell everyone what's up with
that, because you don't want arguments later if you lose your shirt.

Organize the WD Development Company LLC - and give them shares in a
limited liability partnership. This will grow as you do things.

Get a good accountant and law firm - and have them gen up NDA/NC
agreements and so forth. Also get a good patent attorney and get them
started. They can organize WDDC LLC for you.

PROTYPES - PRODUCT DESIGN

When did you build you washer/dryer combo?
When was your patent filed
How many beta units have you built?
Who has used them and for how long?
What are their comments, pluses and minuses?
Independent confirmation of energy and other claims?
Have you gotten safety and other applicable certifications?

If you don't have any of these, go to a nationally recognized
prototyping/product design firm that specializes in your field of
expertise and have them do all of this for you. Shop around - and
don't be too chatty - argue with them about price. Have them give you
a quotation for all the work based on your discussions drawings and so
forth. For this sort of thing I would suspect you'd spend about
$300,000 to $500,000 - if they want more, and you think its worth it -
then ask them to profit share - or loan you the money. Don't pay for
any of it until you've figured out how to pay for ALL of it with this
budget.

PROTECTION & PARTS PRODUCTION

Once you've gotten all of this, then you are ready to file for patent
protection, both domestic and foreign, and once you've gotten
confirmation of filing then you go to China and India (which is the
low cost builders of this type thing) to talk to someone about
manufacturing it. There are hundreds of high quality fabricators that
make consumer home products. Depending on your patent you likely
won't spend more than $15,000 on US and another $8,000 foreign PTC
stuff.

You will need to make high quality brochures and DVDs of your product,
to excite the fabricators - a little package that also includes
dimensioned prints and so forth. This is pretty cheap - less than
$3,000 - if done yourself with photoshop and so forth. THIS IS NOT
YOUR ADVERTISING

Segment the packages as to type. Electrics, wiring harness, linkages,
housing, controls, gears, mechanics, and so forth. DONT PUT ALL YOUR
PRINTS IN ONE PACKAGE.

Arrange all to have them sign an NDA/NC agreement before scheduling a
meeting.

What you are looking for is

Budget - price vs volume
Timing - ramp up
Terms - letters of credit

from all of them.

ASSEMBLY

Once you've got firm contracts for all your parts fabricators time to
look for a place to assemble them.

If you're selling in the US, you want to assemble in the US. If
you're selling in Europe, you'll want to assemble there. If you're
selling in Japan, you'll want to assemble there.

There are people that do that sort of thing for a living. Put
together a different package with the same cover brochure and DVD, but
then have a summary sheet. A map of the world, showing different
fabricators (without names) just cities, and arrows flowing to the
continental US - for a US assembler. With NAFTA you might also check
out Mexico as an assembly point - then dimensioned prints of all the
parts and how they go together - but not where they come from
obviously.

Ask them for a quotation with the same results.

SERVICE

TRW GE Services and other companies do contract servicing of third
party manufactured products. They will also ship and install products
for you and keep parts inventories and so forth. Put together a
package for them as well, and ask them for quotes for service.
They'll want to see one of your prototypes. Arrange them to come to a
local hotel where you will have the prototypes set up - be prepared to
spend two or three days with engineers discussing the details of the
device - and the service history of the parts and so forth. Have your
design firm there too if you didn't do all that work yourself.

ORGANIZE

Now that you've gotten firm quotes from reputable manufacturers,
assemblers and service folk, you're ready to organize legally to sell
all the shit you will be making - organize an import company (who will
hire your foreign fabricators)to import your parts and sell them to
your manufacturing company (who will hire your domestic assemblers)
and a marketing company (who will buy all the stuff and wholesale it
to marketers)

The WDDC LLC is a holding company that owns all of or part of these
subsidiaries - depending on how greedy you are. As inall business
don't be overly generous and kill yourself. Folks are generally happy
if they get 20% to 40% return per year - and paid off in 3 years or
so.

ADVERTISE

The marketing company now that it has well defined relationships with
all the fabricators and whatnot is in a position to send out press
releases and show the product at trade shows and so forth. A good ad
agency will work something up for you - and rework the brochures and
DVD for you become powerful selling tools. Decide how you want to
market it. A good ad agency will help you here. They will estimate
how many you will likely sell with a given budget and effort. YOU go
back and look at your price and volume charts and figure out what an
optimal level of effort is. Be prepared to spend three to four weeks
with you ad agency team at their offices. In the end, you'll have
decided on all the things you'll need to get precise numbers for your
fabricators and whatnot

FINANCE

Now you are ready to finance major manufacturing. Once you know your
volume, price points, profit margins, servicing etc., etc., etc., then
you can take all this information, put it in a business plan, and shop
around to various investment banks. Another brochure,based on your ad
agency output, not the stuff you showed to the fabricators - along
with financial data - your accountant can help you prepare a solid
business plan. What you want to do is not get loans, but get a letter
of intent to get loans against orders.

Lets say that your ad agency marketing firm has worked out that you
could sell 20,000 of your machines the first year. Right? And that
they'll sell retail for $2,000 - and you'll sell them wholesale to
Sears and whatnot, for $1,200. You know that all the parts will cost
$300 per machine, and assembly will cost $150 per machine. Service
will cost $80, and spare parts and shipping and so forth will be $45
per machine. Insurance will be $25 per machine. I'm just pulling
these numbers out of my ass, but this is representative of the kind of
stuff you'll do. What's that ad up to? $600 - so, you'll make a $600
per machine margin.

So, you total sales will be; $1,200 x 20,000 = $24,000,000
Your total cost will be $600 x 20,000 = $12,000,000

Now, put the $2 million you got from your house and your buds, and
your family, in a CD and borrow money using it as collateral when you
need it. That way you have a $2 million balance see? You'll need to
borrow $12,000,000 to make $24,000,000 in sales. What you'll want to
ask the banks about is ... how much of the $24,000,000 will you need
to sell in order to borrow the $12,000,000?? See? And you'll want
this as a rotating line of credit, so as you pay it down, you can run
it up again to continue sales.

You'll meet with a number of bankers investment bankers, and they will
spend time looking over things. You'll have $2 million cash in the
bank, and $1.2 million in debt say, and a burn rate and so forth. You
will have been in business about 6 months about now. You'll have a
solid business plan built around real figures backed by reputable
fabricators and assemblers, you'll have letters from the governor's
office and whatnot, you'll have a kick ass law firm and accounting
firm that's associated with other major manufacturers.. and you'll
have an ad agency and design firm that's world class. SOME bank
somewhere will give you the numbers. If they're pricks, they'll say
you'll have to give them ALL the $24 million in paper you'll be
generating next step. If they're not - it will be somewhere between
12 and 24 million. Lets say Chase has said they'll loan you $12
million against 12,000 orders. Great, you get a letter of intent from
them, and add it to your files.

TEST MANUFACTURING

have one a contract to do an initial production run of 20,000 parts.
But first you want 200 parts to test - at the 20,000 part price, and
within 90 days you will have an LC for the other parts.

An LC - letter of credit - is something your bank shows to the bank
of the fabricator. The money is there, all that's needed is for the
parts to arrive at an agreed upon location and have the bank check the
documents. Then the funds go to the fabricator. No questions
asked.

If you left the guys with a good impression - you can finagle the 200
parts and not pay for them for 90 days or so. If they're hard, or
short on money, they'll need some sort of payment up front. If they
want to stick you up and charge you small volume prices - tell them
you have to go to your board and will be back to them in a few days -
and go to the next guy for that part on your list.

Don't burn the guys you didn't select. Call them and say, hey, the
next 20,000 parts have gone to someone else - but you were really
impressed with them, could they send a few dozen parts - maybe you can
get the next production cycle sent to them. See? Use those parts to
compare to the other guy's - and if everything checks out, use those
for your initial spares.

Do this for all the parts.. When you have firm delivery dates and
whatnot for the parts, go to the fabricator and do the same thing.
You will give them an order for 20,000 initially to try them out, and
will be sending a few hundred parts to them to learn the system..
your engineers and so forth will be down there to help them out.

You have 200 units in inventory on the way.

MARKETING

Your ad guys haven't been sleeping during all of this. You will have
scheduled trade shows and advertisements shoots and so forth - and you
will now have product to ship very shortly. The goal here is to get a
buyer for Sears or Pennys or whatever channel your ad agency has told
you - to place a big order for units. They are qualified
remarketers. And your ad agency will have put together a trade booth,
brochures, PR, you name it.. to get these guys to bite. There will
be articlesin the WSJ or so forth announcing this new inventor who has
revolutionized washer/driers etc.

If they've done their jobs right, people will seek you out at the
trade show and you will know the big time buyers - and give them a
personal walk through. If you've done things right, you will still
have about $200,000 of the original $2 million - but you are days
perhaps hours away from getting it all in motion.

In the end, some buyer somewhere will buy 2,000 machines and want
delivery next quarter - you've got it. Another will buy 3,000 - no
problem. In the end, you'll have all the negatives addressed, and be
writing orders. When you get to 12,000 - you go back to your bank and
give them copies of all the paper work, they issue you $12,000,000 in
credit, and you get 20,000 machines built. As you get additional
orders, 300 here, 600 there... for the additional 8,000 machines - you
do the same thing, and the bank will give you $8 million in loans -
writing off your $2 million loan first, and giving you $6 million in
cash. You still have your $2 million credit line - and if you were
smart you identified someone who was very good at this sort of thing
to hire, and you took them along with you - and put them in charge of
operations while you spend your profits.

This could all be done in 6 to 9 months. Say you shipped 22,000 the
first year and 25,000 the second. You've made $11 million and $12
million respectively. If you were smart you like Henry Ford will have
a buyout option on the LLC. If you're sneaky you'll dilute the
holding company. In any event, lets say you paid back your buds and
family $4 million - which you kept in a CD the whole time - and gave
them the interest on it - out of the first year's proceeds.

You still keep your design firm and ad agency - you talk with TRW say
and get feedback about issues facing the machines. Problems to be
resolved. Improvements you've come up with and so forth. You will
have a new model year - and be incorporating those improvements in
your production run.

But the important thing is that your accountants will show an EBITDA
of $7 million the first year, $12 million the second year - and your
ad agency will work with your accountants to look forward another 5
years... Say they project 20% growth per year and then it flattens
out after 5 years...

Annual sales millions

$7 $12 $14 $18 $21 $25 $30
.
Now, this revenue stream can be argued to be worth somewhere between
$300 million and $600 million - and you want to sell it today for
somewhere in this range. (unlike golfballs, they don't have a limited
longevity) Also, this is how much the company is worth to you. In
the hands of a GE or Westinghouse, this same product might be worth 3
or 4 x this amount. In that case, you have the classic win win
situation.

If the majors aren't interested that's okay, there's always the
public. By the end of the second year, you have sufficient cash and
history to become publicly listed on the stock exchange. You do an
IPO and your stock is now marketable. You might want to buy critical
fabricators and assemblers and make them company owned. You might
want to open a chain of retail stores that sell this product along
with others you have related to it. You might want to increase
production to 200,000 units per year you might want to do all these
things. So, you do an IPO - and suddenly you have marketable
securities that you can take to the bank. You'll be restricted for a
few years. But no matter, you can pay yourself handsomely, and borrow
against your stock value - and create a structured sell off so that
you can support whatever level of debt you care to carry - getting use
of the $600 million in value you've created.

But sell-off is a good option - especially since there are good people
out there who are very good at this sort of thing. And you take your
money buy a yacht and cruise the Carribean singing pirate shanties and
drinking rum...
BradGuth
2007-09-21 20:54:25 UTC
Good grief almighty on a stick, you are talking about 100% self
publishing, as derived from whatever self accomplished R&D, upon
whatever as having delivered as your self applied proto-type of nifty
technology into the naked hands of the consumer or end-user, that
which 99.9% of the time isn't going anywhere if there's a few of them
pesky infomercial spewing Yids standing in your way, such as our
global energy cartel gauntlet or that of our entire incest swarm
mindset of all that's NASA, and worse yet of butt protecting their MI5/
NSA/CIA agenda that's very Third Reich like remaining as highly
focused upon global domination at all cost. However yourself and the
likes of Warren Buffett should hit it off without a terrestrial hitch.

Unlike your all-knowing self, I have lots of questions because I do
not know all there is to know.

I'll further remind you, if it were not for all the orchestrated
naysayism of this mostly Yiddish moderated anti-think-tank of their
usenet from hell, as such the likes of your R&D plus multiple
applications of such would have been a done deal as of more than a
decade ago, and we wouldn't be surviving from the likes of 9/11 or
much less at war, because global oil would only have become worth at
most $10/barrel by now, and having our homeland grid utility energy at
$.01/kwhr without ever involving 10% of that nasty coal, oil or
natural gas that which just so happens to be laced with the likes
radium, radon and a good many other toxic elements (not to mention
having been wasting He3), not to further mention those horrific
amounts of unavoidable combustion soot that's laced with those pesky
CO2 and NOx contributions.

The same could be said about those continually opposing the utilizing
of our moon's L1, Venus L2 or even the toasty planet of Venus itself,
especially because of all the raw and renewable energy that's already
there to behold is more than a thousand fold greater potential per m2
than Earth has to offer.

The underlying problem is that you and others of your silly kind just
don't get it, as in not getting any of it.
-
"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell
-
It seems that hocus-pocus controlled past that's fully in charge of
your private parts is apparently a done deal in whatever's your good
book, of no matters what can't ever be revised for no good reasons.
What a pathetic shame that good folks like yourself are continually so
snookered and thereby so easily dumbfounded past that point of no
return. Good grief, butts need to be kicks before it's too late, and
obviously you haven't been kicking your fair share of those badly
deserving butts, have you.

Where would we be if the likes of Warren Buffett were as wussy as
yourself?

In other words, stop taking all of that mainstream status quo crapolla
of naysayism from those that clearly have no intentions of their ever
constructively contributing to each and every one of your topics,
because you're not the bad guy, as they are.
- Brad Guth -
W***@gmail.com
2007-09-22 02:39:38 UTC
Post by BradGuth
Good grief almighty on a stick, you are talking about 100% self
publishing, as derived from whatever self accomplished R&D, upon
whatever as having delivered as your self applied proto-type of nifty
technology into the naked hands of the consumer or end-user,
True, but what Craig proposed wasn't a vehicle, wasn't involved in the
production of energy, medicine, food, medical service, or other highly
regulated industry - and didn't involve high tech. He wants to build
a washer/dryer. That's it. It is more sophisticated than a golf
ball..Less sophisticated than consumer electronics and gaming. So,if
he positions himself as a premium item - he can build a supply chain,
and create value. That's all that's required. $2 milion ought to do
it .
Post by BradGuth
that
which 99.9% of the time isn't going anywhere
Why do you say that? Talk about defeatism. You've obviously got it
in spades. Relax. Get 20 or 30 friends to mortgage their homes and
give you $75,000 to $100,000 - and then put it in escrow, and give
them the bank interest, while you borrow against it. - be sure to tell
them you've put your share in, and what your salary is when you go to
work for the new company - and you're golden.

This wouldn't be possible with something that needed more than $2
million...

I do admit you've gotta be persuasive and self-confident and all of
that, to get 20 or 30 of your friends to fork over their life
savings. And you've gotta be a little careful too so that you don't
run afoul of regulations. You don't want to be accused of marketing
securities. But angel investors up to 35 folks are possible. See a
lawyer before you do any of this.
Post by BradGuth
if there's a few of them
pesky infomercial spewing Yids
Hire them to make sure you're doing everything by the book.
Post by BradGuth
standing in your way,
Only if you let them.
Post by BradGuth
such as our
global energy cartel gauntlet
Who has made it viritually impossible to do anything major in the
energy business without their cooperation. Mostly through
regulations. The very same environmental and other regulations they
decry - are really helpful to them since it raises the bar for entry
well above $200 million - so that's the challenge going forward.
Fortunately for US citizens, arranging multi-billion dollar project
finance deals with foreign investors is unregulated and the place
where the oil companies get their risk capital. So, that's where I
went.
Post by BradGuth
or that of our entire incest swarm
mindset of all that's NASA,
What's NASA got to do with Craigs washer dryer? You make no sense.
Post by BradGuth
and worse yet of butt protecting their MI5/
NSA/CIA agenda
Their agenda is only to save your butt and all American's butts
against the reality of a world short on everything and filled with
people who don't like us very much.
Post by BradGuth
that's very Third Reich
In a time of dire and increasing threat to the American way of life
where our freedoms and individual liberties come out can be
problematical. If we are dead because our supplies have been cut off
or become impossibly expensive - whether we are free or not won't
matter. There is some truth to this. Unappreciated are the third
party effects or strategic consequences of the tactical decisions made
in the heat of battle. Its difficult for a free people to assess
secret decisions. But from what little I have been able to glean, we
would have been better served with JFKs approach for the past 40 years
rather than Eisenhower/Nixon approach. And Carter needed to
investigate 3-mile island conspiracy more closely and push direct
thermal decomposition of water to form hydrogen with nuclear power -
as the BNL wanted, and as the Gen IV reactors will do in 2030.
Adoption of Brookhaven's plan would have avoided the economic meltdown
during the Nixon administration and no one would ever have heard of
OPEC. And the oil companies powerful today as then, would have faded
into the background as the coal companies did, while Westinghouse and
GE and others came to dominate the new nuclear energy business of the
late 1960s and 70s. haha.. But tmi and chernobyl happened and jane
fonda made her film and Carter wasn't strong enough or capable enough
to get Brookhaven's plan on the table.

Which benefits me today - but at a huge cost to the US and the world.
Post by BradGuth
like remaining as highly
focused upon global domination at all cost.
There will be a leader in the world. It benefits the US that the US
is that leader. So, the means by which this is accomplished is a
benefit to every American citizen. Oil companies have hijacked this
process at great cost to the American public and great peril to the
nation and the world. This has also changed the character and nature
of American leadership and in the end if uncorrected result in great
reversals for the United States.
Post by BradGuth
However yourself and the
likes of Warren Buffett should hit it off without a terrestrial hitch.
The 9,5 million high net worth individuals in the world today control
a total of $32 trillion - most of it liquid. This money is in the
international banking community and largely unaffected by national
policies. Tapping into this asset base in a sane reasonable and
profitable way to address the common problems of the world, including
energy, including food, including water, including strategic materials
- is the only way to go. Governments can lead follow or get out of
the way. They have insisted on doing none of the above! haha.. So,
they will be avoided.
Post by BradGuth
Unlike your all-knowing self, I have lots of questions because I do
not know all there is to know.
You don't even know what you think you know. That's the first step
toward wisdom.
Post by BradGuth
I'll further remind you, if it were not for all the orchestrated
naysayism
People who are cautious are usually cautious for a reason. Their
caution has nothing to do with me and what I accomplish. So, like
many of your points, this one is totally mad.
Post by BradGuth
of this mostly Yiddish moderated anti-think-tank of their
usenet from hell,
I find your pointless bashing of Judaic religions offensive and
troubling. You spout a stream of descriptors of people who have
progressively less and less influence on me and tell me that's going
to sotp me somehow without saying exactly why. haha..

Check it out.. first you say those who orchestrate naysayism - which
is a small secton of the human population - are going to affect me
somehow. haha.. Then you go on to say Yiddish folks in that
specialized group - and not only that - but those jewish, naysayers or
orchestrate the activities of the others who operate usenet!!!
hahaha.. Usenet is at most an indulgence and a waste of time for me.
So, whatever happens on usenet is pointless in my life. hahaha.. So,
can you see why you are totally mad? totally insane?
Post by BradGuth
as such the likes of your R&D plus multiple
applications of such would have been a done deal as of more than a
decade ago,
The basic R&D for the Brookhaven study was done in 1964. It was
shelved during Nixon's tenure in office. Carter a nuclear engineer
made no bones about the fact he was going to do something about
energy. Then tmi, chernobyl and all the rest happened. America spent
more on energy research than on going to the moon, but devoid of any
real nuclear program it went nowhere.

It takes time for people to appreciate things and it doesn't help to
call names and make outlandish claims as you are doing. Really. Look
at the electric light. The gas companies and candle companies didn't
like it, and spread a lot of bad press about it. Faraday built
batteries and ran current through filaments to create light in 1800.
But it wasn't until the 1840s that the carbon arc was developed. Swan
didn't hit on encasing the filament with a vacuum tube until 1860s.
His system wasn't commercially viable until Edison got a better vacuum
and a better filament in the 1880s. And he kept tinkering with it and
didn't hit upon tungsten filaments until 1910s. So it took over 100
years between Faraday and light bulbs. Along the way gas companies in
the 1880s and 90s held demonstrations in Central Park where they
electrocuted stray dogs with the dangerous electricity. In response
Edison started a newspaper that reported every house fire and
suffocation in the city in lurid detail blaming natural gas as the
culprit while complaining about the soot smoke and smell of gas while
extolling the virtues of clean safe reliable electricity. haha..

What's different between that day and this one?

I will tell you. Neither Edison or the Gas conglomerates would ever
have been successful in using the public purse or secret agencies to
advance their business. Not because they were morally against it!
haha.. But because the US hadn't saddled itself with a huge secret
bureaucracy. There was a smaller one, following the Civil War - but
it hadn't grown yet to the size and scope we have today.

Those folks by and large care about the US and its long termhealth.
Ranting and calling names will have no effect and in fact alienate
you from nearly everyone. So, you either do it because you gain some
sort of feeling from it personally - that is you are mad - or you are
not being honest in your statements - that is you're one of them.
haha.. Likely both. Like the bums who started fights at Hyde Park
back in the day.
Post by BradGuth
and we wouldn't be surviving from the likes of 9/11 or
much less at war, because global oil would only have become worth at
most $10/barrel by now, and having our homeland grid utility energy at
$.01/kwhr without ever involving 10% of that nasty coal, oil or
natural gas that which just so happens to be laced with the likes
radium, radon and a good many other toxic elements (not to mention
having been wasting He3), not to further mention those horrific
amounts of unavoidable combustion soot that's laced with those pesky
CO2 and NOx contributions.
Well, who knows? The BNL study looks good in retrospect, but you
don't know unless you try. For sure we need to try something new -
and that's what I'm doing.
Post by BradGuth
The same could be said about those continually opposing the utilizing
of our moon's L1, Venus L2 or even the toasty planet of Venus itself,
especially because of all the raw and renewable energy that's already
there to behold is more than a thousand fold greater potential per m2
than Earth has to offer.
This is madness as far as i can tell and has nothing to do with what
you said before.
Post by BradGuth
The underlying problem is that you and others of your silly kind just
don't get it, as in not getting any of it.
I know you love saying that - because it makes you feel so warm and
fuzzy inside. But its not true - not in the least. So, I think you
don't get it.
Post by BradGuth
"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell
Past and future do not exist except in our minds - the only that can
be said to demonstrably exist is now. That is, the past is a memory
and the future an expectation. This is very clear in quantum
analysis. Configuration space doesn't naturally produce time
sequences - these evolution operators are put in as an afterthought.
This, combined with our fundamental human experience of time - will
likely one day lead to a revolution in the way we view the world and
the universe every bit as profound as Einstein's findings related to
relativity.

In the present moment you are free. and the present moment is all
there is or was or will ever be.
Post by BradGuth
It seems that hocus-pocus controlled past that's fully in charge of
your private parts
Your private parts and mine are fully under our control. So, this
again is madness.
Post by BradGuth
is apparently a done deal in whatever's your good
book, of no matters what can't ever be revised for no good reasons.
What a pathetic shame that good folks like yourself are continually so
snookered and thereby so easily dumbfounded past that point of no
return. Good grief, butts need to be kicks before it's too late, and
obviously you haven't been kicking your fair share of those badly
deserving butts, have you.
This makes no sense.
Post by BradGuth
Where would we be if the likes of Warren Buffett were as wussy as
yourself?
By all accounts Mr. Buffett is a cautious man.
Post by BradGuth
In other words, stop taking all of that mainstream status quo crapolla
of naysayism from those that clearly have no intentions of their ever
constructively contributing to each and every one of your topics,
because you're not the bad guy, as they are.
- Brad Guth -
The only crapolla i've seen in a long time are your rants like this
one. They make no sense and bear no relation to reality and have no
impact whatever on anything except perhaps the way you let yourself
feel about yourself.

I have said it before and I will say it again. QUIT READING THINKING
ABOUT AND POSTING ON USENET FOR A YEAR. Go out and have some fun and
put aside all your thoughts and feelings about all of this. You'll
feel a lot better. Really
BradGuth
2007-09-22 11:39:29 UTC
Post by BradGuth
that
which 99.9% of the time isn't going anywhere
Why do you say that? Talk about defeatism. You've obviously got it
in spades. Relax. Get 20 or 30 friends to mortgage their homes and
give you $75,000 to $100,000 - and then put it in escrow, and give
them the bank interest, while you borrow against it. - be sure to tell
them you've put your share in, and what your salary is when you go to
work for the new company - and you're golden.
This wouldn't be possible with something that needed more than $2
million...
There's the problem, as to what you or I have in mind for saving Earth
from humanity and the bringing of most all wars down to a dull roar
will be demanding roughly a thousand fold more than $2 million per
year to start off with, and at least a million fold greater if folks
want to see the full capability of terrestrial and space based
technology put to the task.

$2 trillion isn't all that much if paid by each and every soul on
Earth, or even by 10% of each and every soul on Earth.

2e12/6.7e8 = .2.99e3 or roughly $3 thousand is actually less than some
Americans spend on coffee per year.

Would you like to review other unessential/optional spendy habits of
Americans and those of others around this badly polluted world?

There is no shortage of public loot, even if such were demanding of
having to divert a good $2 trillion per year would be relatively dirt
cheap, at least for what I'm proposing that would include the likes of
everything Willie Moo has to share. As I'd said before, I'd go 50/50
on such private investments that are intended to improve upon the
quality of life without further impacting our environment in any
negative kind of way, such as your terrestrial and SBL alternatives of
delivering clean and renewable energy.

We're spending $4 thousand per second just on our Iraq fiasco, and you
seem to think this is nothing but a silly game. Add in DHS and other
home based factors of direct added cost on behalf of surviving our own
war doings, and now it's at least worth $5 thousand per second, and
that's not including any of the regular government, state and local
public stuff we get to pay for in addition to whatever private
spending that's also through the roof or at best out of control and/or
in debt up to our eyeballs.

Would you care to suggest as to how much the salvation of Earth is
worth these days?

It seems with having loads of clean and affordable energy, that most
of us could easily afford to fork over an extra $3 grand per year, and
we'd still be ahead of the game (sort of speak). An excise tax on all
fossil, biofuel and yellowcake would more than do the trick, and/or
another sales/excise tax on those unessential spendy sorts of things
people insist upon doing with their spare loot. Or I suppose we could
just status quo tax the poor to death, thus killing off those two
birds with one stone.

"Talk about defeatism"
Perhaps this topic of "Village in a box" should be revised to "Village
idiot in a box", because the affordable salvation of Earth for the
greater good of humanity and otherwise on behalf of all other complex
life is not actually any part of your game plan, unless you are
privately rich as hell with more public loot on the way.
- Brad Guth -
BradGuth
2007-09-22 11:55:42 UTC
Post by W***@gmail.com
The only crapolla i've seen in a long time are your rants like this
one. They make no sense and bear no relation to reality and have no
impact whatever on anything except perhaps the way you let yourself
feel about yourself.
I have said it before and I will say it again. QUIT READING THINKING
ABOUT AND POSTING ON USENET FOR A YEAR. Go out and have some fun and
put aside all your thoughts and feelings about all of this. You'll
feel a lot better. Really
As I'd said before, this is just a silly game to the likes of yourself
and those of your status quo or bust infomercial spewing kind, isn't
it. You and others of your kind pretend to have no idea as to whom is
in charge of your private parts, and that all of past history is
exactly as government and their religious puppeteers stipulate,
without any such hocus-pocus strings attached none the less. No
wonder we're at war again and again until the last very drop of bloody
oil and other badly polluting fossil fuels get consumed along with
yellowcake, that'll soon enough become the final AGW and DNA mutation
demise of all life on Earth, especially when those few that have are
not willing to share and share alike. Of course on your dumbfounded
planet is obviously where them pesky Yids will not have anything to do
with causing any of this fiasco.
- Brad Guth -
BradGuth
2007-09-22 12:25:57 UTC
Post by W***@gmail.com
Post by BradGuth
"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell
Past and future do not exist except in our minds - the only that can
be said to demonstrably exist is now. That is, the past is a memory
and the future an expectation. This is very clear in quantum
analysis. Configuration space doesn't naturally produce time
sequences - these evolution operators are put in as an afterthought.
This, combined with our fundamental human experience of time - will
likely one day lead to a revolution in the way we view the world and
the universe every bit as profound as Einstein's findings related to
relativity.
In other words, your status quo of denial is in full blown denial, as
you believe the past has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the
future. Are you for real, because you sound almost exactly like
Hitler, or worse GW Bush.

Without the whole truth and nothing but the truth there is no such
viable past, present or future to behold, and apparently that's
exactly how you and others of your kind like it, and it's also how the
likes of Hitler, GW Bush and company very much like it, as there is no
such "fundamental human experience of time" to behold if such time has
been skewed, recorded as based upon lies or merely upon the exclusion
or banishment of evidence having the exact same affect as telling
lies.

"For sure we need to try something new - and that's what I'm doing."
should have been a done deal as of a good decade ago, that is unless
the laws of physics or the science has changed since then, but it
hasn't.
- Brad Guth -
Craig Fink
Missing context....
Craig Fink
2007-10-06 01:30:09 UTC
Post by BradGuth
Good grief almighty on a stick, you are talking about 100% self
publishing, as derived from whatever self accomplished R&D, upon
whatever as having delivered as your self applied proto-type of nifty
technology into the naked hands of the consumer or end-user, that
which 99.9% of the time isn't going anywhere
I found that strange too.....
BradGuth
2007-10-06 17:45:38 UTC
Post by Craig Fink
Post by BradGuth
Good grief almighty on a stick, you are talking about 100% self
publishing, as derived from whatever self accomplished R&D, upon
whatever as having delivered as your self applied proto-type of nifty
technology into the naked hands of the consumer or end-user, that
which 99.9% of the time isn't going anywhere
I found that strange too.....
Most anything is possible if the author/inventor/creator does 100+% of
absolutely everything, and yet that's exactly what these silly naysay
rusemasters insist upon, or else anything we have to offer doesn't
count.

Apparently deductive logic or the connecting of whatever dots are not
permitted within their Yiddish naysay land of denial upon denial, as
faith-based strictly upon their very own lies upon lies. Though many
are simply snookered and thereby dumbfounded past the point of no
return, and subsequently without a speck of remorse to boot. So, what
else should we expect?

For example, my honest science of observationology doesn't stand a
chance in their hell on Earth, does it.
- Brad Guth -
American
2007-10-08 21:28:38 UTC
Post by BradGuth
Post by Craig Fink
Post by BradGuth
[...]
The lone entrepreneur invents a device for improving the human
condition. Without a marketing strategy, he knows that the
invention will never make it to mass production. He uses the
internet to present his ideas, only to have it trampled on
and ridiculed. He knows in his heart of hearts that it would
improve the human condition, yet potential investors seem to
be chasing impulse sales in a voyeuristic society.

With every fallen angel investor chasing an already bankrupt sys-
tem of government-to-private industry transfers & assimilations,
the national debt continues to spiral out of control. The founding
fathers would have preferred a Keynesian economy, because the
potential mineral wealth would sustain the future economy.
History tells us that the colonists were more than just
fundamentally interested in escaping the tyranny of imperialist
England. They had rejected the taxes imposed by the King of
England using the Boston Tea Party as an expression of freedom
from taxation. A new Keynesian economy would be established
outside of English control. The California gold rush would help
form the basis for an expansion west. Railroads would rule the
day, until the automobile became popular in the early 20's.
Interstate commerce would then begin to explode, with mergers
between banks in different states becoming commonplace, and
even moreso when the airplane made its debut. Yet there was
no doubt that after WW II, Keynesian legislation would became
a thing of the past. It would be impossible to expand precise
but limited jurisdiction, in order to allow the larger banking
conglomorates to broadly change their industry overnight. The
source of this problem was the inability of the incumbents to
accept technological change in the face of a huge stockholder,
vendor, and employee establishment. The tenacles of the federal
government would reach so far down into the economy that no
company could do business in the greater part of the American
economy unless they became vulnerable to internationalist agendas;
primarily in the economies of convenience (energy) and
voyeurism (mass programmed media).

The war on terrorism is a war to promote industrial technology
in order to protect the implemention of devices that are designed
to enhance national defense. The anomaly becomes a dichotomy
between what ideas are convenient verses what ideas are
revolutionary, yet the political climate is awash with legislation
designed to protect big business rather than support revolutionary
ideas. Society becomes a big lie. Read the writing on the wall:
MENE, MENE,TEKEL,UPARSIN: MENE, MENE; God hath
numbered thy kingdom..., TEKEL; thou art weighed in the
balances..., UPARSIN; thy kingdom is divided between the
Medes and Persians. Contemporarily speaking, the race
towards advanced technology becomes unified or divided
between peaceful or destructive uses. The Medes in this
case are the media giants, nurturing away the child in all of us
to the land of make-believe, and the Persians, who are the
partisans of the military industrial complex, provide the machinery
for "protecting the innocent". Thus we have a mind-over-matter
(Mede), and then matter-over-mind (Persian) society, both
obscuring the free will of entrepreneurs in what was supposed to
have been a quantum energized economy. The quantum economy
involves greater, fluidic capital transfers, offering a larger
share of promise market involvement by the individual investor,
rather than the group investor, and has the characteristics of
which inevitably "point" towards a multiplied consciousness of
state, that become completely encompassed by an ulterior
illumination (data collection and revealing), continually promise
market expansion of the lateral markets, as well as a hierarchal
market expansion, in light of an expanding, expecting, Keynesian
market of precious metals capital.

Yet the Federal Reserve, via Bernanke, has been the principle
component in the subprime market takeover of the U.S.
government to invalidate Keynesian economic theory, based
on the fact that in Keynesian theory, a weak economy and
inflation could not exist simultaneously. But who is Bernanke
acting for in concluding that the new computer technology
of advanced methods for tracking inventories was an invalidator
of Keynesian theory, if the same processor technology is used
in the detection of metals and ores on asteroids?

Yet are we just throwing materialistic splendor against an
already bankrupt system of intellectual capital here?

American
Bodega
2007-10-08 23:57:51 UTC
[snip]
I'd say we are hurling materialistic splendor amidst the inability of
the incumbents to accept technological change in the face of a huge
stockholder vendor viz a viz the tenacles of the federal government,
not to mention the California Gold Rush in the light of the Persians
and the Medes, while not forgetting the Keynesian subprime market
takeover, of course.
r***@gmail.com
2007-10-09 01:46:43 UTC
Post by Bodega
[snip]
I'd say we are hurling materialistic splendor amidst the inability of
the incumbents to accept technological change in the face of a huge
stockholder vendor viz a viz the tenacles of the federal government,
not to mention the California Gold Rush in the light of the Persians
and the Medes, while not forgetting the Keynesian subprime market
takeover, of course.
You forgot the Trilateral Commission.

And Poland.
American

I recommend SRA
e***@swva.net
2007-10-09 12:43:49 UTC
Post by American
Post by Bodega
[snip]
I'd say we are hurling materialistic splendor amidst the inability of
the incumbents to accept technological change in the face of a huge
stockholder vendor viz a viz the tenacles of the federal government,
not to mention the California Gold Rush in the light of the Persians
and the Medes, while not forgetting the Keynesian subprime market
takeover, of course.
Humor for children?
I recommend SRA
You're the one who started it.

Eric Root
Rand Simberg
2007-10-09 01:32:27 UTC
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 14:28:38 -0700, in a place far, far away, American
<***@comcast.net> made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Post by American
voyeurism (mass programmed media).
The war on terrorism is a war to promote industrial technology
in order to protect the implemention of devices that are designed
to enhance national defense.
Ummmm....no.

Thanks for sharing your idiocy, though.
American
2007-10-09 13:31:59 UTC
Post by American
voyeurism (mass programmed media).
The war on terrorism is a war to promote industrial technology
in order to protect the implemention of devices that are designed
to enhance national defense.
Ummmm....no.
Thanks for sharing your idiocy, though.
Flake off, dude, but before you do, ask yourself these questions:

Where does the U.S. military get its greatest tax revenue from?

Answer: Capital gains tax - originally fully owned by "private" oil.

Why aren't U.S. owned oil companies drilling more in the U.S.?

Answer: Too expensive, too much bureaucracy.

Why are we fighting a war in Iraq?

Answer: To secure an international supply of CHEAPER oil
by its PROXIMITY ALONE to Arab influence.

Who protects the industrial technology of Iraq?

American companies? Whoa, so it's actually CHEAPER
to hire mercenaries than live with a capital gains tax on
oil drilled at home?

Answer: Ever heard of Blackwater, DFID, mercenaries, or
the U.S. military? (Doesn't matter what label they wear,
they're still a national defense force working for Arab
interests and against yankee ingenuity)

Sorry, dude, but IMHO Saudi Arabia happens to be BIG
GOVERNMENT's "best enemy that money can buy".

American

Craig Fink
drinking rum...
Craig Fink
2007-10-06 01:28:12 UTC
Yes, I see what you are saying, so, it's not a simple as you implied, and
Mr. Guth is correct. I spent a little time, yes their are Washer/Driers
that do it with one button push. Someone even wrote a patent or two, a year
or twenty ago on the subject, but I still can't buy the product I want. Oh
well, I just bought a new Washer and dryer, so it's probably 15 to 20 years
before I'll bye a new one. Unless,......, they can show me that the
recurring cost are on the side of trashing (recycling the metal) and buying
a more energy efficient machine.

I like to look at the Energy Efficency guides, to figure out my recurring
costs. It was interesting to me, I could easily find an Energy Efficency
guide on all of the Washing machines that I had to choose from last year.
But, when it came to the Dryer, I could not find one Energy Efficency
guide. Not one! I called the manufacturer of my "new" drier and asked them
for the missing documentation. They didn't have one??????????????????

Now, I'm really confused..... My new Washing machine has an Energy Efficency
rating and plugs into a 110v line..... My new Drier does not have an Energy
Efficency rating and plugs into 220v line....

Hi Brad, Mars not Venus, do you really think habitable planets form towards
the Star, not away?
BradGuth
2007-10-06 17:33:55 UTC
Post by Craig Fink
Hi Brad, Mars not Venus, do you really think habitable planets form towards
the Star, not away?
Yes I do, especially from the extra push of Sirius B having recently
gone red giant, plus that of our 105,000 and some odd year orbital
association with Sirius would have given a little something extra for
that analogy to work from.
- Brad Guth -
Craig Fink
BradGuth
2007-09-24 19:15:17 UTC
Post by Craig Fink
...is here...
That's what our world that's going fast into the nearest AGW toilet
really needs, is "A golf ball designed with red, yellow and blue
stripes has been developed to give players a visual cue on where to
hit the ball and how to gauge its spin."
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CEEDE153CF931A15752C0A966958260

Apparently without Mook's new and improved balls we'd all be in some
kind of real trouble in River City (meaning Earth).
- Brad Guth -
W***@gmail.com
2007-09-24 21:51:20 UTC
hit the ball and how to gauge its spin."http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CEEDE153CF931A15752...
Apparently without Mook's new and improved balls we'd all be in some
kind of real trouble in River City (meaning Earth).
- Brad Guth -
The point is the NYT ran a 1/3 page article on this, with photos, and
didn't say didly about the deal I signed in Jakarta to take 1.5
billion tons of coal and make 10 billion barrels of jet fuel using
sunlight and water and a brand new technology!

haha..

Hey, I golf, and there are 23 million avid golfers in the US. A
goodly number each month bought my golf balls for about 8 months, and
then I sold it out. What's wrong with that? Sheex.
BradGuth
2007-09-25 00:43:36 UTC
Post by W***@gmail.com
Post by BradGuth
[...]
Nothing's wrong, it just goes to further prove as to what's allowed to
get published, and of what isn't.

Passive or inert crapolla that's new and improved is perfectly fine
and dandy. Cleaner, better energy alternatives are not. Even
privately paid for infomercial space isn't allowed to get published
unless it's within certain standards, but you can otherwise publish
your naked butt as often as you'd care to keep paying for such press.

In other words, your new and improved balls were not rocking any Yid's
boat, so they obviously could care less, and it's also somewhat like
throwing the dog a bone, isn't it.
- Brad Guth -
W***@gmail.com
2007-09-25 12:45:41 UTC
Post by BradGuth
Post by W***@gmail.com
Post by BradGuth
[...]
- Brad Guth -- Hide quoted text -
Well I had a heart to heart with one of the writers. She was a lovely
and agressive and intelligent young woman making it in NYC. What's
not to love? haha. Anyway, they see it as - this is a big story.
Why isn't Exxon or someone doing this. (Well BP and Exxon got their
asses handed to them by the LAST Indonesian government but that's
another story) This is the way THEY think about it. They're not
thinking - hey, we've got to protect some hypothetical overlord.
They're thinking, who the hell is Mookie and what are we saying about
him?

Basically the way the story was written, the one I couldn't buy-haha-
made me out as a national, maybe a world hero - and they didn't want
to write that. It had a big 'pucker factor' they said. It made their
asses twitch thinking about writing a story. I said, look you gave
coverage to technology that was demonstrably unworkable - write it
like that! That's not how they roll. haha..

That is, my stuff looked good. Real good. And they weren't going to
write it up like some pseudo science quack. Because it didn't look
like that. But they also realized that Enron looked good, real good,
until they didn't. And they didn't want me to be the next $100
billion fiasco and have their fingerprints on it. See?

In my darker moments I think what you said here might be right in some
respects. But then I realize I'm just being paranoid. These folks
have jobs to do and well, one of them was to protect the public from
scammers - and they just weren't going to write an article about me of
this magnitude without me being partnered with some major energy
company.

That's fine. I cancelled by subscription to the NYT - they DON'T
write all the news thats fit to print in my estimation. And my
business isn't about PR anyway. Its about energy. And that's fine.
I'll own about 15% of the energy on this planet soon, and that should
be enough to get the ball rolling on a few other projects I have an
interest in.
BradGuth
2007-09-25 18:03:55 UTC
Post by W***@gmail.com
They're thinking, who the hell is Mookie and what are we saying
about him?
And our usenet swarm mindset of those in charge are into saying; lets
get Mookie summarily nailed to the next available cross.
Post by W***@gmail.com
These folks have jobs to do and well, one of them was to protect
the public from scammers - and they just weren't going to write
an article about me of this magnitude without me being partnered
with some major energy company.
You think NYT believes the truths about applied physics and the best
available science that's easily replicated by others is about
protecting us from "scammers"? (please do tell by example)
Post by W***@gmail.com
That's fine. I cancelled by subscription to the NYT - they DON'T
write all the news thats fit to print in my estimation. And my
business isn't about PR anyway. Its about energy. And that's fine.
I'll own about 15% of the energy on this planet soon, and that should
be enough to get the ball rolling on a few other projects I have an
interest in.
Now you've really gone and done it, as having "cancelled by
subscription to the NYT" is going to really piss them off. Chances
are good that you'll never get published again, no matters what the
consequences. Your excuse about their not willing to give up another
column inch on behalf of William Mookie's clean, efficient and
renewable energy plan of action is the sort of proof positive that I'm
100% right about those intent to stay the course and to otherwise
screw humanity plus mother Earth for all it's worth. Take notice that
NYT has in the past published far more extreme technology applications
or weird and spendy ideas on behalf of whatever lord NASA or the likes
of NOVA had anything to say about, so perhaps you'll need one of those
warm and fuzzy NASA stamps of approval before they'll give a tinkers
damn about publishing much of anything coming from good old Mookie, or
for that matter from anything of Brad Guth derived, such as publishing
on behalf of my do-everything LSE-CM/ISS as our nearest space depot/
gateway and only viable to/from moon access, or the cool VL2 POOF City
as our much further off-world space station/gateway home away from
home, or about those pesky issues of intelligent other life as having
existed/coexisted on Venus, plus many other local moon related facts
and the potential of our taking advantage of such a nifty moon before
it's too damn late in the game is simply not NYT worthy without that
NASA stamp, and yet the live and let live (forget about whatever
dastarly past) mindset of lord Mook is perfectly good with all that.

If you don't believe in or otherwise take stock in our humanly skewed
past that's mostly orchestrated and subsequently interpreted so as to
remain controlled by the most rich and powerful, as having anything to
do with controlling our present day or the future, or that of having
caused the ongoing collateral damage and carnage of yet another
perpetrated war upon war that it clearly is, all being allowed because
of a skewed history of lies upon lies on behalf of protecting those
previous butt-ugly reasons of our mutually perpetrated cold-war, is
what simply does not count within that good book of Mook, and thereby
your denial is forever in total denial so that our future will forever
remain in the most dastardly hands of those pulling our strings,
thereby forever in control of our private parts (just exactly the way
lord Mook likes it), then don't you ever say that I didn't say it was
so.

The laws of physics and the best available science about obtaining and
utilizing clean and renewable energy via Mook or whomever, as well as
on behalf of obtaining the absolute best and cleanest usage of fossil
and yellowcake really hasn't fundamentally changed for the past
several decades, yet we are being intentionally limited as to badly
consuming fossil and poorly utilizing yellowcake as the primary and/or
vast bulk of our energy needs, which are clearly in insufficient
supply and becoming spendy as well as bloody resources that in fact do
deliver great harm to our environment, that do in fact negative impact
as well as take many innocent lives and accomplish much worse things
at the ongoing demise of others as well as trashing our environment,
of which the likes of lord Mook sees absolutely nothing the least bit
wrong with sustaining that status quo as long as your pie of offshore
big energy protected bank accounts remain nicely stuffed with the
bloody loot of others. And since you must become one of 'them' in
order to pull this off, how exactly is that any different from that of
the Jew's Hitler or of their Bush/Cheney fiasco that currently sucks
and blows?

Sharing and/or believing in truth is not paranoia, although accepting
lies upon lies as truth is in fact paranoia and of much worse things
to come. But since you're another pretend atheist that's good at
fence jumping, it clearly doesn't matter one way or another (like our
born-again loser GW Bush said; "so what's the difference", meaning
that the ends always justifies the means).
-
Trust me when I can't help but to agree with:
"whoever controls the past, controls the future" / George Orwell
- Brad Guth -
BradGuth
2007-09-29 19:45:33 UTC
Post by W***@gmail.com
These domes and so forth can also be fitted into existing cities and
towns and villages - and used as seems appropriate - to improve living
conditions.
What we have here in usenet denial of naysay land, is more like a
bloody swarm mindset of village idiots in a box, of folks that are
deathly afraid to so much as crap within their box without first
obtaining some kind of faith-based authority. I agree that a
biosphere analogy needs to work right here in good old River City
(sort of speak), before we even think of accomplishing any such thing
off-world. If we can't manage to affordably survive Earth, pretty
much excludes all that's off-world.

A natural formed pocket or void within our moon is perhaps one of
those nearby exceptions to the golden rule, because we can affordably
keep resupplying those pods of frozen pizzas, loads of beer plus
whatever else make for a moon full of happy campers, however thus far
we can't even accomplish anything within its L1, far less on behalf of
our accomplishing the much cooler and far less gamma/X-ray lethal
environment of POOF City at Venus L2.

By rights and because it clearly belongs to all of humanity, as having
been the most likely cause of having created our seasonal tilt upon
its somewhat recent lithobraking arrival, as in fact we should manage
to relocate our moon, for the very salvation of our badly failing
environment before it's too late. Entirely banishing our moon is
however not such a good idea, even if we'd accomplished such a
daunting task, whereas going that far would open up a whole list of
potential negatives by way of our playing God, because the mostly
fluid environment of this planet needs a little more than a solar
tidal force by which to best manage our 98.5% fluid environment, that
is unless you wouldn't mind another full blown ice age.

Unlike most folks of denial in usenet naysay land, I happen to agree
with Mook's SBLs, and for equal if not better reasons than just the
clean and safe transfer of solar pumped energy into our humanly
dumbfounded realm of our supposedly energy starved environment.

However, of one rather nifty and clean energy resource alternative
that's unusually massive and nearby and still in the ongoing process
of doing our global warming environment more harm than good has to do
with our moon, whereas we could technically moderate that bad moon
stuff by way of our eventually relocating that physically dark and
somewhat salty big old thing out to an active halo orbit within
Earth's L1, and the next or rather ongoing requirement is for us to
fully utilize the LSE-CM/ISS and of its tether dipole element that can
technically reach as close as you'd like to Earth (just short of a few
fail-safe km worth of coming into direct contact).
Post by W***@gmail.com
A detailed analysis of the power flows in Earth's biosphere came up
with the following;
50,000 TW - direct solar
320 TW - hydrological cycle (including winds)
40 TW - photosynthesis (all life)
10 TW - human industry (2005)
Once again, your CIA WorldFactBook "detailed analysis" is simply being
way too conservative, and your human energy consumption (if all
inclusive) is off by at least 50% (I'd go as far as humans being
worthy of 20 TW).

On behalf of the raw 'energy in' simply has to equal 'energy out', or
else Earth explodes. Your CIA WorldFactBook doesn't even take the
horrific influx or clean through and through energy transfer worth of
solar and moon gravity issues into account. Doesn't the complex Earth/
moon/sun tidal force of such interactive gravity account for anything
within that good old mainstream conditional physics book of Mook?

You good folks do realize that the all-inclusive volumetric worth of
Earth (including its extremely wet and sooty atmosphere) is 98.5%
fluid to those multibody forces of gravity, don't you.
- Brad Guth -